Sunday 26 November 2017

Yesterday was spent mostly.....



...wrapping Christmas gifts ~ 25 of 'em, to be precise!

A couple of years ago, whilst I was idly surfing the net, I came across what I thought was a very sweet Christmas idea which I was sure Beverly, my (grown-up) daughter, would love.  It was a photo of lots of little gifts dangling from a clothes-hanger, one for each day of December.  I thought it would be a particularly lovely gift because as she lives up in Orkney, it is quite difficult for her to get back down south for the holidays ~ she came down one year and got stuck in Aberdeen for a couple of days on the way back because of the weather!

Anyhoo, she did indeed love "Christmas-every-day" and asked for the same again last year.....it would appear that I have now made a rod for my own back started a new Christmas gift tradition for her!  With everything that's going on here at the moment with the imminent house-moving, I wasn't going to do it this year but she sounded so disappointed that I rather belatedly relented ~ hence yesterday's marathon gift-wrapping session 😵  


This year I went for my favourite brown paper wrapping (I think it's fab, as it can be dressed up in countless ways!), along with coloured butcher's twine and the number labels left over from last year.


Ta-daa ~ here is the end result!  The parcel just peaking through at the back in red and white paper is for Christmas day.  It's quite amazing just how long it takes to wrap each of those pesky little gifts.  It's worth it, though, as I know she will so love opening one each day 😊

Today, I shall mostly be making Christmas puddings.....again an afterthought as I wasn't going to bother this year but a certain someone was disappointed about that, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment