Tuesday 21 November 2017

Books...


Not quite true, actually ~ I've spent years taking very large overdoses of books and am still in the process of weaning myself off them!

If only that were possible LOL  Trouble is, as you already know, our new home in Orkney is smaller than where we are at present so there is no hope of a bigger library!  Like my craft materials stash, I've let myself be seduced by craft books too.  I find crochet and dolls' house books particularly hard to resist, but other craft books have also crept into my not-so-little hoard over the years.  I have already had a ruthless clear-out of the "miscellaneous" craft books, which I suspect is why I found it easier than I thought it was going to be when I was sorting out the materials stash.  After all, no point in having the raw materials if there are no instruction books to hand to refer to 😉

Anyhoo, I confess that I was getting a tad craft-materials-sorting-out overloaded, so I decided to have a break and take a second look at my crochet books.  And yes, I do mean "a second look" because I've already tried weeding some of them out, with spectacular non-existent results LOL  Boy oh boy, did I have a way-more-than-I-could-ever-use collection of 'em!

I must be on something of a roll at the moment, though, because this time around I found it a breeze to let a good third of them go off to MusicMagpie.  I'm also going to trot over to amazon later and drastically cull the craft books on my wishlist.

Years ago I used to read lots of novels, especially detective and crime, but once the craft book "drug" hit I just stopped reading anything else.  Oh, except self-help/improvement and diet books that is!  I weaned myself off those successfully, though, thank goodness.  Adrian bought me a Kindle some time ago and I quickly discovered that it really isn't a decent substitute for an actual craft book ~ so an excuse to still buy the dratted things.  Still, I have rekindled (ha ha ha 😄 ) the joy of reading novels again and the Kindle is perfect for them ~ with the added bonus of no worries about filling up my shelves with masses of books that will only be read once!

Now that I've had a purge of the craft books I'm going to get back to the craft materials-sorting ~ including my yarn stash.  Hopefully now that I've let so many crochet books go I'll be able to downsize the yarn pile too 😊  






No comments:

Post a Comment