Tuesday 2 May 2017

We fought the lean-to.....



.....and we won ~ although we were too pooped to party, to be honest!


I forgot to take any "before" photos but it was something like this cartoon.....only much, much worse LOL  As I mentioned previously it had become a dumping ground for all and sundry, and we hadn't even been able to see the door at the far end, let alone use it, for months!  We worked away at it over the course of four days last week; yes, it really did take us that long to wade through all the "stuff" 😲


Whilst not everything in the latest rubbish pile in the garden came out of the lean-to, we were pretty ruthless and weeded out lots of things that we no longer needed (some of which we put outside on our driveway with a "free, help yourself" sign for other folk to make use of 😊) or used.


We can now comfortably get from one end to the other!  It isn't really obvious from the photo, but we have three shelf units along the wall and now have everything stored neatly into plastic storage boxes.


I found lots of cleaning supplies, some part used!  This box now contains all my general cleaning liquids and wipes.  I try to damp-dust in an effort to lessen the sneezing and nose-blowing it usually brings on, and the Method all purpose liquid is ideal for the task. 


I tend to bulk-buy the laundry liquid and fabric conditioner, as I order it online direct from Ecover, so I didn't tell myself off for those supplies 😉


This collection, however, is a different story!  I couldn't believe how many bottles of carpet stain remover and window cleaner I found 😲  I won't be needing to buy any more supplies for quite some time, methinks 😉

It was certainly a job well done, plus we cleared out the cupboard-under-the-stairs as well.  Everything now has a proper home and is easy to find.....and use, so I have no excuses now for a grubby home LOL
signature photo Untitled_zpsw5j1utor.png

2 comments:

  1. Good job! Whoa, you must be ready for bed and a couple of days sleep! It looks so neat and tidy. I would like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we finally got round to doing it ~ I smile each time I go out there LOL

    ReplyDelete