Wednesday 5 April 2017

Another blanket


This Gollum meme really tickled me so I thought I would share it with you, too 😄

I must admit that provided I make the effort to sew in yarn ends as I go along, I really don't mind doing it.  Leaving them all to the end, though, is just so demoralising and rather takes the joy out of making the project!



And here is my second blanket for Blankets for the Homeless.  I used one of my favourite patterns to make it: the ordinarily extrordinary blanket by Tif (aka Dottie Angel).  It's such a simple pattern and grows very quickly, which is always rather gratifying!  I still have grey yarn leftover from the granny square blanket I made for BftH, so I used it here to make a simple edging of one round of half-trebles followed by a round of double crochet. I'll get it sent off next week.

I have made a start on a third blanket (still got plenty of those single balls of yarn to use up!) but it has now been temporarily put to one side so that I can concentrate on the blanket I'm making for my sister-in-law's birthday.  Hopefully, photos of that one will be  coming shortly 😊 

signature photo Untitled_zpsw5j1utor.png

2 comments:

  1. I understand about hiding the ends and feel the way you do. Your blanket is beautiful!
    One thing I don't understand, is why people are making crocheted and knitted blankets for the homeless? I don't like them for use outside, they snag and unless doubled are pretty cold in the wind. They also need extra care and are bulky. Personally, if I were on the road, in an alley, or in a box, I would want something easier to maintain and move from place to place. Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like the blanket, Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete